The First Peace, the peace that starts within oneself is described by Black Elk, an Oglala Sioux spiritual leader in the 18th Century, as follows:
“The First Peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness, with the Universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the Universe dwells Wakan Tanka, the Great Spirit, and that this center is everywhere, and it is within each of us. This is the real peace, and others are but reflections of this.
Joining a First Peace Circle is a way of forming part of a people’s movement wherein each member of the circle will be contributing to creating a culture of consciousness of peace in the world. There are many of these movements, and the People’s Movement of First Peace sponsored by the Ehama Instititute’s World Foundation for the Discipline of Peace is but one of them. First Peace Circles have unique elements to contribute to these movements toward making peace a reality now.
The Lalita First Peace Circle is being called forth by three Circle Leaders: Angèle Camus, Marta Cisneros, and Almendra Staffa-Healey. Circle Leaders are trained SeedPlanters who chose to call a group of people together and will serve as the facilitators for the circle learning journey of First Peace.?
We invite you to deepen with us through these 10 sessions, where, in addition to an introductory session and a closing one, we will work in eight directions:
- Activating the connection with all that is.
- Connecting with stillness and listening.
- Transcending automatic responses and taking charge of our life.
- Reclaiming the power of being on our true path.
- Honoring balance with self and planet.
- Opening ourselves to dream the desired reality.
- Making our impact on reality beautiful.
- Caring for and correctly directing our energy.
First Peace Circle values are important to agree upon with Circle members. People from all traditions and backgrounds are invited to join. We suggest this beginning list of values: listening in respect, honoring differences, speaking from the heart, keeping personal statements or feelings that have been spoken within the Circle and maintaining clear open communication among Circle participants.
We will be keeping open the spirit of ‘the first people had questions’ which will allow us to explore deeply with each other and avoid the trap of needing to have the right answer.
“The first people had questions, and they were free;
the second people had answers and they became enslaved.”
Ancient Earth Wisdom
The first part of this wisdom “the first people had questions, and they were free” is the foundation of a way of being that engaged the mind and heart to be open and seeking rather than closed and positional.
Unfortunately, in our human affairs, we have had many experiences with the second part of the above saying, “the second people had answers and they became enslaved” which we most often find at the heart of conflict and war.
The invitation for First Peace Circles is to allow your questions, individually and collectively, to guide you in deep exploration and to find your own inspiration, your own beauty and your own resonance in this process.
Each Circle will come to resonance in themselves through exploration while this ‘spirit’ of openness and inquiry allows each one the space to deepen and to open
The Lalita First Peace Circle will be held in English. We welcome speakers of other languages knowing that the common language of instruction and conversation will be English, with support for Spanish speakers.
What do I need to bring?
To make your stay more comfortable, remember that Lalita is located in a rural area surrounded by nature, we recommend that you bring:
- ID or Passport for the official registration of travelers
- Appropriate footwear for the field.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Towel and personal hygiene items.
- Thermos and/or water bottle.
- Flip flops for showers.
- If you are a light sleeper, earplugs. You will have company in the room.
The Lalita First Peace Circle will gather between April 2024 and March 2025. Group discussions, teachings and individual practice are part of each monthly meeting. These meetings coupled with monthly assignments will enable all circle members to deeply integrate the First Peace Principles and Practices into their lives.
- First Weekend Meeting at Lalita: April 5th, 6th, and 7th, 2024. Arrival April 5th by 18:00 CET. Departure April 7th by 16:00 CET
- Three Thursday Evenings (18:00 to 20:30 CET) a month online over 8 months: May to February, with a pause in August and December 2024
- Second Weekend Meeting at Lalita: March 21st, 22nd, and 23rd, 2025. Arrival March 21st by 18:00 CET. Departure March 23rd by 16:00 CET.
Members of a First Peace Circle receive the First Peace Handbook, First Peace Cards, access to the videos each month, along with monthly assignments for deepening and integration.
PLEASE NOTE: Accommodation must be paid for at least two weeks before the start date. Last day to accept payment is March 22nd
- Course and Materials: 650 Euros + 21% VAT. (50€ will be paid as reservation deposit and then there will be 12 x 50€ monthly payments)
- One weekend accommodation and meals at Lalita: 180 Euros + 10% VAT for a single room or 150 Euros +10% VAT for a shared room (there are two weekend meetings). Payment to be made directly to Lalita in cash upon arrival or by credit card or bank transfer at the top of this page.
- To register: plese go to this link
First Peace Circle Leaders
All three are Certified First Peace Circle Leader, Ehama Institute. Discipline of Peace..